Oh, man. Please don't contact HR. It'll likely result in no work given
to you and a resulting rock-solid policy stating that nobody gets
copies of work after the fact, ever (with accompanying legal
paperwork, signatures, and binding agreements).

You're better off going with the "trusted friend" approach.

-Anne

Anne Hjortshoj | anne...@gmail.com | www.annehj.com | Skype: anne-hj