>I think (and see in research) that efficiency *is* gained because
people have to parse less stuff to find what they want...
I'd argue that people are parsing an entire page design, which can be
something that is done well with "redundant" labels (or not) -- it's a
function of context and the judgment of the person doing the design. And
there I will let this rest.

-Anne

Anne Hjortshoj | anne...@gmail.com | www.annehj.com | Skype: anne-hj