My ten cents ...

HP having been saying that this year is the year of the tablet, and I
think they're right. However, there are a few things about the iPad
that make me keep looking:

1. DRM; I want control over my content. iTunes sucks; in Europe
it sucks even more.

2. price; my guess is about 600 euro in Europe, at least.

3. not enough storage, 64 GB? come on .. with blueray DVD
file sizes coming out at between 5 and 9 GB that's not realistic
(would have been nice if it could have acted as a USB host).

Microsoft's tablet has been slated as totally under-powered,
I'm cynical about HP; my tx2000 is nice, but their software is
awful. Both Acer and Asus have announced tablets later this
year and, since it'll probably still be October before the iPad is
available in Europe, I think I'll just stick with my iPod touch and
wait for a real tablet to come out. My Nokia will rise to the
challenge?

Simon.

Simon North, Technical Writer.
Quintiq Application Software BV