He was being snarky :-)

~ will

On Feb 3, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Anjali Arora wrote:

I agree with Jared about cutting straight to the chase, & focusing on just building things. However, it is rarely an either-or situation, but rather one of degree; while trying to build something, I find it useful to make quick paper doodles/sketches of the various states, for example. Helps to clear one's mind before starting to code.
-Anjali

----- Original Message -----
From: Jared Spool <jsp...@uie.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:29 am
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Sketching before the Wireframes
To: Richard Carson <richard.carso...@gmail.com>
Cc: IXDA list <disc...@ixda.org>

On Feb 3, 2010, at 1:02 AM, Richard Carson wrote:

Thanks everyone, for all the wonderful responses and support for
sketching. It looks like EVERYONE, gave power to the sketching,
before the wireframes process. Surprisingly not one person ever
mention that sketching was a waste of time. Really...Not one?

I'll bite.

Sketching is a complete waste of time.

Obviously, the ideas were already in your head. Why make the extra
effort to put them on paper. They never come out the way you intended

anyhow.

In fact, wireframes are a waste of time too.

You should just sit down and code.

Code, code, code. That's the way we get things done around here.

And don't worry about crafting bug free code. That takes time and
never pays off. Any code will do.

Remember our motto: Once you remove quality as a requirement,
everything else becomes a whole lot easier.

Jared