I've found UML to be quite helpful in requirements definition -- the
process enables workflow to be described in a way that is entirely
separate from defining the UI.

The end result is a set of requirements that doesn't rely on UI
elements (which can be defined later, and not baked in during
requirements generation).

-Anne

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM, gail swanson
<gail_swan...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> My organization is moving toward UML for all of its documentation,
> from requirements through development and maintenance. The UX
> practice here is in it's infancy and I am now a team of one. While
> I'm familiar with UML, I'm skeptical that it will be appropriate
> for user flows and any other UX documentation.
>
> Has anyone worked in a UML environment? How did you integrate your
> practice into RUP or similar methodologies?

Anne Hjortshoj | a...@annehj.com | www.annehj.com | Skype: anne-hj |
Hjortshoj is pronounced "YORT-soy."