On Tuesday 28 March 2017 10:29 AM, Ed Warnicke wrote:
> [...]
> Issuer: OU=ePKI Root Certification Authority, O="Chunghwa Telecom Co.,
> Ltd.", C=TW
> Issuer: CN=Global Chambersign Root - 2008, O=AC Camerfirma S.A.,
> SERIALNUMBER=A82743287, L=Madrid (see current address at
> www.camerfirma.com/address), C=EU
> Issuer: CN=Chambers of Commerce Root - 2008, O=AC Camerfirma S.A.,
> SERIALNUMBER=A82743287, L=Madrid (see current address at
> www.camerfirma.com/address), C=EU
> Issuer: CN=USERTrust ECC Certification Authority, O=The USERTRUST Network,
> L=Jersey City, ST=New Jersey, C=US
> Issuer: OU=Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority, O="The Go Daddy Group,
> Inc.", C=US
> Issuer: CN=AffirmTrust Premium, O=AffirmTrust, C=US
> Issuer: CN=USERTrust RSA Certification Authority, O=The USERTRUST Network,
> L=Jersey City, ST=New Jersey, C=US
> Issuer: CN=VeriSign Class 1 Public Primary Certification Authority - G3,
> OU="(c) 1999 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust
> Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
> Issuer: OU=Security Communication EV RootCA1, O="SECOM Trust Systems
> CO.,LTD.", C=JP
> Issuer: OU=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="(c) 1998 VeriSign, Inc. - For
> authorized use only", OU=Class 1 Public Primary Certification Authority -
> G2, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US
> Issuer: CN=COMODO ECC Certification Authority, O=COMODO CA Limited,
> L=Salford, ST=Greater Manchester, C=GB
> Issuer: CN=Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2, O="GoDaddy.com, Inc.",
> L=Scottsdale, ST=Arizona, C=US
>

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Ed Warnicke <hagb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh, and for reference:
>>
>> mvn -v
>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
>> MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
>> Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
>> 2015-11-10T09:41:47-07:00)
>> Maven home: /Users/hagbard/build/apache-maven-3.3.9
>> Java version: 1.8.0_77, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>> Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_
>> 77.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
>> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.12.3", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 5:11 PM, Ed Warnicke <hagb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anil,
>>>
>>> Has anyone checked to see if the cert we are using is repected by the
>>> Oracle JDK?
>>>
>>> Because I can trivially reproduce this issue with the Oracle JDK that
>>> comes as stock on the Mac (where many of our developers work).
>>> The SSL rating you mentioned is basically meaningless for this problem...
>>> all that matters is:
>>>
>>> a)  Is the cert respected by OpenJDK
>>> and
>>> b)  Is the cert respected by Oracle JDK
>>>
>>> What I see from my experiment is that the answer to #b is *no*, and so we
>>> must get a cert from a cert authority that *is*.

Hello Ed,

With a more recent version of JDK shows IdenTrust is available which is
intermediate CA being used is available in [1.].

# keytool -list -v -keystore
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.121-0.b13.el7_3.x86_64/jre/lib/security/cacerts
| grep 'Issuer:' | grep 'CN=IdenTrust'
Issuer: CN=IdenTrust Commercial Root CA 1, O=IdenTrust, C=US
Issuer: CN=IdenTrust Public Sector Root CA 1, O=IdenTrust, C=US
Issuer: CN=DST Root CA X3, O=Digital Signature Trust Co.

We would recommend updating the more latest version of JDK, and let us
know if this resolves the issue.

[1.] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8161008

Thanks,
Anil

          • ... FREEMAN, BRIAN D
          • ... Ed Warnicke
          • ... Ryan Goulding
          • ... Daniel Malachovsky -X (dmalacho - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
          • ... Ed Warnicke
          • ... Lori Jakab
  • Re: [Ope... Anil Belur
    • Re:... Ed Warnicke