On 03/04/18 17:33, Michael Vorburger wrote:

> As to the why at all and is it worth it, for me the main driver really
> is performance because of properly working incremental builds, even on
> Jenkins for Gerrit.

There are concerns for Jenkins + incremental builds:

1) Build repeatability

This is especially important for testing -- be it UT, IT, or CSIT.

2) Jenkins slave state persistence.

For an incremental build you need to have a baseline against which you
are building, which feels like the state of the last successful merge
job workspace is the seed. We obviously need to completely capture and
properly replicate that state across multiple slaves (e.g. multiple
concurrent verify jobs). We also need to deal with snapshot version
updates -- i.e. the incremental build needs to refresh all upstream
snapshot versions.

Regards,
Robert