From: Brandon Wick <bw...@linuxfoundation.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Fwd: REMINDER: LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Due Feb 13

LFN Community:

Those in attendance at OSN North America in Los Angeles last March and ONS
Europe in Amsterdam last September will recall that we hosted an *LF
Networking Booth* that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven
demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post
<https://www.linuxfoundation.org/blog/2018/03/rubber-meet-road-x-project-collaboration-demos-ons/>
for
a description of the ONS North America booth demos, and this blog post
<https://www.linuxfoundation.org/blog/2018/08/building-in-the-open-ons-europe-demos-highlight-networking-industry-collaboration/>
for the ONS Europe demos.

We wanted to reach out now to each of the LFN project communities to let
you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN
booth again at ONS North America (San Jose, April 4-6) and we are seeking
demo ideas using the same process. Our goal is to show compelling uses of
LFN networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other
networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are
endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, we have some room
for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that
don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made
available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS,
Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.

Demos stations will again have storage space, a counter, backdrop, monitor,
power, and Wi-Fi internet provided. There is no cost to host a demo in the
LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a
cost.

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:

   - Jan 16: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
   - *Feb 13: Demo ideas submissions due*
   - Feb 27: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
   - April 4-6: Demos shown

To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the
following information:

   - Demo title (10 words max)
   - Brief demo description (200 words max)
   - List of demo manager(s) with contact information
   - List of open source projects involved
   - List of companies involved
   - Any extra requirements or special considerations

Demo manager responsibilities include:

   - Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
   - Responding promptly to requests for information
   - Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
   - Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
   - Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated
   team members to help share the load)
   - Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos

ONS sponsor companies are of course welcome to host demos in their booths
on the show floor as well. Please check with your ONS sponsorship manager
to explore these opportunities.

*Submit your demo ideas by February 13 by sending an email
to bw...@linuxfoundation.org <bw...@linuxfoundation.org>*. LFN staff
leadership (Heather, Phil, Arpit) will then review the submissions, get
back to submitters with questions, suggestions, and recommend a final demo
roster by Feb 27th. Send any questions you may have to
bw...@linuxfoundation.org.

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation