Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

On 29-Jan-08, at 9:36 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:
On the OSGeo home page
there's the list of OSGeo projects, but no indication of which projects
have finished the incubation and are "OSGeo certified". To find out, you
have to make your way to the "Incubation Committee" wiki page, and there
is the only list (I could find) of which projects have graduated.

We would like to highlight this information better on the main portal page
but could not propose a good way on how to do this. Any idea?

How about adding a simply asterisk * beside ones in incubation - with a footnote under the project list saying what the symbol represents. Should be easy enough to do.

Tyler,

This sounds good to me.  So I'd suggest the asterisk be labelled as
"Incubating" which ideally would be a link to /incubator for additional
details.

Incidentally, I really wish we could change "GeoNetwork opensource" to
"GeoNetwork" or "GeoNetwork OS", and likelwise for MapGuide Open Source.
I think the long names end up being confusing on the side bar due to wrapping
and this is likely to be worse when there is an asterisk involved.

Best regards,