Simone Giannecchini ha scritto:
> Could you please explain what you mean to a "poor" OS developer?

My feeling is that the number of available developers is small, and
cannot be easily raised by reasonable amounts of money (ok, with 12 MEUR
that's different...). I think there's an "availability pit": you can
find some productive developers willing to work for free/limited
additional resources/based on their own resources, you can also find
(many?) productive developers if you have lots of money, but in the
middle there is a gap, so transition is not smooth.
It would be nice to model all this in a more formal way (I'm a
behavioural ecologist, after all...), but now these are just thoughts,
less than hypotheses.
All the best.
pc
--