Im a real novice in the OS world, and i´m enjoying. I´m liking what i see!

ESRI has good software, but the world of OS is just great and i love the flexibility i have.

One thing GIS OS software could have are better editing tools. I do miss them alot, and the one is ArcGIS are unbeatable (i dont know any O.S. software that have 'autocomplete polygon', tons of snapping options, etc - btw, if you do, let me know).

FOSS is great, but it lacks (IMHO) better editing options.

2cents

George Silva

David William Bitner escreveu:
I would agree with Paul. The biggest hole in the FOSS stack is in easy, high quality printed map production. This is the one task where the Arc tools beat anything I have seen in FOSS GIS hands down.

David