Lorenzo Becchi ha scritto:

Andrea Aime wrote:
Well, personally I don't have much time, but the idea is engaging.
What I would like to see in such a platform is:
- easy to get into it. Register and contribute
- have some focus on the contribution license, it is important
  that whoever shares decides how others can reuse his work
- peer review (voting system)
- comments, possibly treaded -> a discussion on each contribution
- forum, where people can discuss map making more in general
- visual, everything we talk about (style, symbols, softwares, data)
  should be accompained by at least one screenshot, the screenshot
  should appear in all listings
- categorized, so that if I'm interested in symbols I know where
  to go... maybe we more than one way to categorize stuff,
  think point symbols vs fills but also geology vs road maps

AFAIK, with a little customization (or maybe not) of Wordpress [1] you can do them all.

Doh, interesting, and I thought it was for blog posts only...
do you have some reference in mind, like one or more
example sites I can look at?
Do you know any site made with wordpress that has this
kde-looks ability to show the most interesting items by
category with a screenshot, title and short description?
(the visual component is key to such a site).

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime