Giovanni,

G. Allegri wrote:
Thnaks Ian. That's a really interesting material, but it's out of our
course scope. I need something about basic geodesy, coordinates
systems, etc.
Giovanni,
I'm going to send you something separate that I have but I haven't checked the content fully to make sure I can publish it on the OSGeo edu inventory page.

ps: wouldn't it be useful to gather such introductory resources under
the Education and Curriculum pages of the OSGeo wiki [1]?

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Education_and_Curriculum_Committee
Yes, it would. This relates to our discussion about developing some OSGeo curriculum material. This next week, I'm going to send out a call on the OSGeo edu list to see if we can hold one or more online discussions about how to move in this direction. I'm also going to try and get some funding to hold, sometime in the next year, a face-to-face workshop for some of us to meet and work on a curriculum. Anyone interested in joining this please subscribe to the OSGeo education and curriculum list.

Cheers
Charlie Schweik