Lester,

I've already found a bunch of stuff, just trying to figure out the authority
aspects, do the writers know what they are talking about, etc, need to pass
things on to people that don't know or want to know the details, but are
interested in savings (which is my primary sales focus, so far)

We've had OpenSource software in place in the office for a number of years, but
not in an end user exposed location, which is where this disucussion is aimed
at..

This would be the early stage stuff, as in, what is OpenSource, sounds too good
to be true sort of replies (Literally!!).

bobb

Bob Basques wrote:
> We've got a discussion going on in the office about the subject line.  I
> was wondering if folks here had any pointers to online information, both
> from a superficial view (low detail level, IE Manager speak) as well as
> some somewhat higher level information about costs, in the short term/
> long term, etc.

How long is a piece of string? ..... ;)
What sort of information are you looking for? There is a growing catalog of
freely available data from various sources. The UK government has just released
some nice raster and tabular data, and the US government makes conciderable more
freely available. And there are plenty of open source software packages that
will work with it.

So what are you looking for?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL