Hi,

On Wed, 25. Sep 2013 at 15:36:17 -0700, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I agree with you, Daniel and Jurgen that we would be focused on windows
> though I am optimistic that OSGeo4W could also be a source for those trying
> to make custom windows installers (ie. Portable GIS, what I used to do with
> FWTools and possibly even Jeff with MS4W).

We already do that for QGIS - the NSIS standalone/double-click installer is
created from OSGeo4W packages.

So for me that already works quite well and I'm not really tempted to throw it
all overboard and start from scratch.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)                                   IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden