Hi,

Does anyone have any experience using PostGIS as a vector spatial data source
with ArcGIS Desktop as a client?

I’m particularly interested in our ArcGIS Desktop users being able to create,
update and delete spatial data managed within a PostGIS environment, without
the use of ArcSDE or similar middle wear.

Would you be interested in sharing any experiences that you’ve had from
implementation to operational use?

We have a mixed spatial environment with both ArcGIS Desktop and open source
Desktop GIS applications as client tools.

Provided that we can arrive at a good robust solution, I’d like to move our
ArcGIS Desktop clients away from ArcSDE, and consolidate our vector spatial
database environment on Postgres / PostGIS.

Bruce