Dear conference community,
why is the community left out from this decision / discussion?

The FOSS4G conference is a property of OSGeo, and therefore of the
community as a whole.
The conference committee has not been elected so cannot decide in
representation of the community.

As an OPEN community I strongly believe that all the charter members (at
least) should have a word or vote on such an important decision.

I hope this message is not ignored..

Maxi

Il giorno gio 3 feb 2022 alle ore 15:04 Eli Adam <ea...@co.lincoln.or.us>
ha scritto:

> Hi all (particularly voting committee members),
>
> The current FOSS4G structure has a new LOC every year starting more or
> less from scratch (some things like mailing lists and seed money are passed
> on).  Over the years, many people have commented on the load of work this
> creates for the LOC, the general inefficiency, the risk, and the burnout.
>
> If you consider yourself a voting member of the committee (
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members), please
> indicate your preference on this.
>
> This is an informal poll to see if the conference committee wants to:
> 1. Keep it the way it is and not change anything
> 2. Change the FOSS4G organizing structure to something else (discussion of
> what we change it to can come later if people want to pursue this).
>
> As I've expressed several times, I prefer option 2, changing the FOSS4G
> organizing structure.
>
> Thanks for your time and participation.
>
> Best regards, Eli

*Massimiliano Cannata*

Responsabile settore Geomatica

*Istituto scienze della Terra*

Campus Mendrisio, Via Flora Ruchat-Roncati 15

CH – 6850 Mendrisio

Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14

Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09

massimiliano.cann...@supsi.ch