Hi;

Your comments are true enough, and I've now installed this extra module, and am up and running. Hey, at least I know a _little_ more about perl now.... A couple of comments on the installation though:

I was already running perl 5.8.5, the installation requirements for slimserver were only asking for >= 5.6 so I figured I was good.
Maybe any extra Perl modules which aren't part of a basic perl install should be included in the slimserver archive?
Mmm, okay I just looked and they already are, just not for my version of perl..... Okay not sure on the solution to that one.

And kdf: I'm running gentoo linux, and no it's never caused problems before, but.... I only really have one version of Perl (5.8.5), it was just some sloppy housekeeping on my part (directories for the older versions still there but without full versions of perl inside them).

Thanks

Chris

Jason Holtzapple wrote:

Chris O'Shannassy wrote:

Hi;

Hopefully this can just be chalked up to my extremely limited knowledge of perl & slimserver, but the "alpha" version of six isn't working for me. I've currently just extracted the files under my home account (don't want to mess with my functioning version) and am getting the following message when trying to start the server:

It sounds like you need to install Compress::Zlib from CPAN ...

./slimserver.pl --daemon
Can't locate auto/Compress/Zlib/autosplit.ix in @INC