I was going to suggest something similar.

It has been said already that it is not a good idea to split "discuss" into
many lists, because it's hard to categorise and people will post in the wrong
list, or cross-post, etc.

However, It appears that a lot of people on the discuss group have no interest
in general audiophile discussions, music, what format is best, what WiFi router
to use, how to get better signals, etc.  Everyone has an interest in knowing
when there's a new release, when bugs have been fixed, etc.

The "announce" list seems to have fallen off the side of the planet - I can't
remember the last post we received from that list.  Perhaps "announce" could
also be used for indicating when bugs have been fixed by new releases,
indicating what release they are available in.  Everyone should join that list.

Then perhaps split "discuss" into two.

"support" for people to chat about their problems, solutions, perhaps new bugs
raised in bugzilla should be posted there for discussion, etc.  Almost everyone
should join that list.

"discuss" for everything else.