Dave

SlimServer 6 does not work on RedHat 7.x - as RedHat has a broken perl
there.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, as the machine I have running 5.4.1 uses a
server solution based around 7.3. I guess I won't be buying a
Squeezebox2.

I've been running SlimServer 6.0 for quite some time now on my SME6 box. Both with the orginal stock Perl 5.6.1 and a self compiled 5.8.6. The stock Perl is running almost perfectly fine now (Dan spent quite some time on it) - and I have a lot of international characters in both the tags and file/directory names.

--

Michael