20 second pause here, using 6/5 nightly on Linux with 698 albums with 7881 songs by 740 artists. Check your mac's performance, is it pegging the CPU? What skin are you using? I get a 50 second pause using ExBrowse2 instead of Fishbone.

Not using the web browser just the sb itself, perl is around 90% cpu during the pause. Nothing else is running on the computer. I have noticed the pause is less the next time you browse.

Larger scale, this is the nature of the single-process beast -- when one part of the program has a lot of work to do, the other parts gets starved for attention. Seach the Developer archives around January for the latest discussion on splitting into multiple processes, but note that there is no open bug that I can find.

Yes I thought it was some sort of performance issue rather than a bug. Could these tracks not be read into a cache on slim server start up or after a rescan?

Steven Moore