Pale Blue Ego;327506 Wrote:
> This looks like a nice edition to the family.  I'm hoping the
> AudioEngine people worked on the amp/speaker design.  If so, the Boom
> will sound excellent.
I hope so too. The A2's were created with the SB3 in mind. If anything,
it would be a shame to see AudioEngine lose sales of their excellent
speakers. I'd certainly like to hear how they compare. The existence of
a subwoover connector is interesting - it suggests the built-in speakers
might not appease the bass-heads (which doesn't worry me in the
slightest).

4mula1;327751 Wrote:
> The manual says it will have a backup alarm tone, which indicates to me
> that it won't be music.  The Boom will be a little less slim in that it
> can manage it's own time as well as alarm.  Hopefully it can use a
> standard alarm tone and when you hit snooze the music kicks in.  Some
> of my music certainly won't wake me up!!!
If they're bringing this into the firmware for the Boom, I wonder if
it'll make its way into the other products too? Maybe this is the
"'Secret Bonus feature'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=50804)" mentioned in
the wiki!

--