Pale Blue Ego;331520 Wrote:
> The OP is unusual in that the WebUI is the ONLY way he can control the
> player (SBR).  He's using the absolute cheapest Squeezebox solution
> possible, the $149 Receiver without a Controller.
>
> Yeah, it might be a leeetle bit unfair to expect it to perform as
> snappily as the $10k+ Sooloos system.
>
> But still, there are things he can try.  Moose and SlimRemote are
> Windows programs that may perform better than the WebUI.  Firefox or
> Opera might be quicker than IE at rendering the web pages.  A different
> OS on the server, more RAM, etc. might help the performance.

Good post.  I also think people (including the OP) have been too quick
to rule out some kind of individual specific software interference as
well, such as anti-virus, that is causing the OP to have more delay
than the rest of us.

That said, if I wanted to make a playlist on the fly choosing
individual songs, I'm not sure I would choose SC to do it with.  I
would use the SB or controller directly, but that's not an option here
since the OP doesn't have a controller.  An alternative suggestion
would be to use something else for that purpose.  You can use iTunes or
winamp or foobar2k or whatever suits your fancy.  Heck, you can even use
softsqueeze.   Make the playlist there and play it in squeezecenter.
Not too big a cost given the choice to forgo the normal hardware
solution.

--
lanierb