> It probably will if you install Linux on it :)

Amusing, but hardly accurate. I, and many others, run SS on windows
with no problems.

As for the specific problems brought up by the poster, I can't say I've
seen any of them. I run very similar hardware (Athlon 1.3, 512mb) and
browsing is very fast (I have ~9500 tracks, and nearly 4000 artists).
FF/REW never works for me because I transcode most stuff on the server
(FLAC/Vorbis -> PCM). As for adding new stuff, I always do a rescan if
I add more music. That takes a little while (maybe 15 mins) so it's not
something I tend to do frequently - just in batches.

--
radish