My Boom just joined 3 SB3 Classics this week and I absolutely LOVE it!
Try it naked before thinking about a sub; I don't think you will need
it. Its speakers are very well balanced and sound amazing for such a
small device. It's much smaller than I thought it would be and setup
was a complete breeze. I plugged it in, and it did the rest. I guess it
helped that my home network already has 3 SB3's up and running on it. My
only hitch was not figuring out that the little remote needed the
plastic wrap taken off the battery which was already installed inside
it. Remote wouldn't work (before I figured that step out) so I just
used one of my SB3 remotes. Controls the Boom and adds the number
keypad for entering your WPA/WEP passwords if you need them.
The Boom has renewed my interest in and enjoyment of all my
Squeezeboxes.

--
sc53