pablolie;342711 Wrote:
> i am hopeful that we shall get a solution or at least a good workaround
> soon, the development team is excellent once they get a critical mass
> of people reporting a problem.

> but based on the urgency this thread displays, i now fully trust that
> the developers now know that something is a bit fishy in the
> controller's wireless feature implementation.Two things:

1) I can think of a way to help track this problem down -very- quickly.
Release the source code for the DHCP client on the SBR and SC. Trust me,
I'd be more than happy to step through the code line by line and find
any potential problems. There are probably plenty of others who can and
will do it too. More eyes = quicker fix.

2) There are multiple issues, some not being addressed. Specifically, I
do _not_ have a problem with my controller, I have a problem with my
receiver losing it's connection after inactivity. The controller will
reflect the receiver's status with a blue light in the bottom of the
screen, but it is actually on the network and responds to pings, unlike
the receiver. Then there are people getting red icons on the controller,
which is what this thread seems to be about, and seems like _another_
major issue.

Either way, I'm happy the devs are willing to acknowledge that this
many users aren't crazy and something is going on. I'd just like to see
a bit more communication on the issue (ex: do the two devices share a
common networking API?)

--
NaterGator