Hmm these "expensive" displays are probably expensive seen in the
SB3/Reciever context, on a transporter I don't think so ?

If you realy cost cut a TP like device how much cheaper will it be with
the same soundquality ? removing displays the magnetic wheel, a cheaper
box et al.
Is it worth the effort ? my totally out off thin air guess is 10% 20%
?
I dont think the concept is realistic ?

I'm sorry to say that a large proportion off the high End crowd is
severely afflicted with some kind off vanity.
So making an uber transporter with heawier chassie and golden knobs and
3 times the price will probably sell more units :) trow in some Quantum
purifiers and you have hit.

I think the TP is a very brave product design, the small amount off
bling it has only makes it cooler

--
Mnyb