Hi all,

I'm new here and hoping you can help me out with some questions before
I potentially buy an SB Classic :)

I will only be using it to play my flac copies of my cd collection so
it is imperative that it plays the files without gaps as they would if
I played a CD as much of my music has songs that run into each other
and a gap would ruin that completely. I know this is possible on the
Duet, is the same true of the classic? I presume/hope so! Also how
seamless is it? I'm hoping its identical to a CD.

I want to hardwire the SB Classic and have a barebones PC running
squeezecenter on XP, think I read that it's done with a crossover
cable, which is fine. But correct me if I'm wrong or if theres another
way.

Can I disable the wireless broadcasting on the SB Classic or somehow
stop things connecting to it? I won't be using it in that way as like I
said I don't have wireless and will be hardwire connecting the SB.

Reasoning is that from what I read in the manual it acts as a wireless
bridge (meaning from what I gather I could make devices wireless by
plugging them into it and setting them up on it) so in theory anyone
with a laptop could connect to my SB and thus connect to my computer,
or is that not the case?

I read that I can disable wireless on the Transporter but I don't have
that sort of money and it doesn't mention in the manual or tech specs
if the same is possible on the SB Classic.

Think thats all for now. Thanks for reading hope you can help!

--
stephentw