Hi All,

Thanks for the replies to my problem, this place is excellent.

I tried a few of the ideas mentioned above and have worked out what the
issue is, it isn't as first thought a problem with wireless interference
- it is a problem with my wireless card/driver set-up on Ubuntu.

I currently dual boot with Ubuntu & XP & can run Squeezecenter from
both, I booted into XP to install Netstumbler and check the nearby
networks, I noticed there approx 10 other networks so tried playing a
FLAC file and it worked fine. I then did a network test on XP and it
worked well, had full 100% all the way up to 5000kbps

I've just tried the same in Ubuntu, at 1000kbps I averaged 75% and at
5000kbps a paltry 24% - so there is a problem with the wireless card on
Ubuntu.

If anyone on this forum has tips please let me know, am going to post
on the Linux forum & check the Ubuntu forums

Thanks again...getting closer..

Ian

--
socistep