Ross L;357680 Wrote:
> It doesn't surprise me that an SB3 doesn't perform as well as a wireless
> notebook, think about the antenna alone, it's smaller and covers a
> smaller area.How about giving us some guidance as to what we should
> realistically
expect from the SBs Wi-Fi? Obviously there are many variables in the
real world but in your lab, what are the testing
conditions/results?HectorHughMunro;357783 Wrote:
> I went from Netgear DG834G to DG834N and got much better reception
> although obviously you need to change the card in the PC.  Usually you
> can find offers for both in a package.
>
> I understand that you've already optimized your channel but for those
> others who haven't, you should try.  Basically, everyone in my street
> was using channel 1 and when I moved to channel 2, my speed went from
> 130 Mbps to 270 Mbps.Sadly, changing the card in the SB isn't an option & so
> far. You will
see in the OP that I asked for some input from the manufacturer re
upgrades. So far it's not been forthcoming.

If your neighbours are all on channel 1 then you should switch to 6 or
11 as there is no overlap there. Channel 2 has a significant overlap
with channel 1.

--
rbz5416