MrSinatra;357779 Wrote:
> i'm sorry, but your 'impressions' of things really carry no water.
>
> people were homeless in 91 but not 96 or 98?  i don't think ANYTHING
> changed for the homeless, and still hasn't.
>
> anyone here can tell you that the country changed dramatically in the
> 80s.  carter was a disastor and reagan came in and laid down the
> groundwork for the prosperity of the next 25 years.  clinton meanwhile
> had to work with a republican congress who did constrain him and his
> spending, (welfare reform, etc...)
>
> the problems of the last 8 years started with 2 things, 9/11 and the
> republicans loss of identity, meaning they started spending like
> democrats and became corrupt as well.  all these things along with some
> terrible fiscal sector policies, (the fed, glass stegall repeal, mark to
> market) all resulted in the economic mess now.
>
> if i were king, i'd bring in the fairtax, i'd balance the budget and
> start paying off the debt, and i'd increase the valuation of the
> currency by allowing the free market to set interest rates, (not the
> fed).
Pippen they carry water with me.  When someone always blames the other
side it's time to take care.  I'm really hoping the blame game stops
and we start working things out here. It's possible but only if we let
go of ideology and start fixing things the right way.  This goes for
both and all sides of the equation.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality