thanks to advice from this forum - and i stand by my description of
customer support as ordure! - i finally found my pin
this was not a 4 digit code as mentioned in set up, but a 5 character
alphanumeric code!
entered on pc and i now have an officially connected boom
why don't they print a proper manual? what amounts to a quick start
guide is ambiguous and misleading - hypothetical question really, no
one seems to have proper manuals and decent on line support nowadays
the strange update incomplete message seems to have resolved itself now
as well
do thanks to everyone who pitched in - now down to digitising my large
vinyl library and deciding what bit rates are appropriate - or should
that be another thread?
phil

--
pippout