Philip Meyer;366894 Wrote:
> There is only a concept of a compilation album, not compilation tracks.
>
> It's the combination of songs on an album that defines if an album is a
> compilation or not.
>
> Tags are always entered against songs (obviously!).  Any compilation
> tags on songs refer to the album, not the song, and similarly album
> artist tags really refer to the album, not the song.
>
> It does not make sense to have differing values for compilation or
> album artist tags for songs on an album.  An album is either a
> compilation or not.
>

> Perhaps I don't quite understand, but if you want track artists to
> appear in the Browse Artists list, then isn't the solution to select
> "List compilation albums under each artist" instead of "Group
> compilation songs together"?

The problem is that using ALBUMARTIST tag sort of puts track artist in
the back row. Manipulating COMPILATION tags on particular tracks
resolves it. It has nothing to do with the concept of compilation album
or any other concept. It just works and, if I'm not mistaken, that is
what the OP wants to know.

slimkid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAj2aPdQnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wUP07DVq9E
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nlrpe8Ig5m8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dC9tGlwPln8

ATGATT: Because walking away in disgust beats riding away in an
ambulance.