EnochLight;370315 Wrote:
> Pippin - this announcement scares me; please clarify: do you mean you
> will release new versions to work better with the nightly releases or
> will you officially support the "official" SqueezeCenter releases
> still?
>
> There are many users (myself included) who tend to only update
> SqueezeCenter with officially released updates that are supported
> through Logitech support.  I just want to make sure that I won't have
> to update SqueezeCenter to a non-supported nightly release just to keep
> using the latest version of iPeng!
>
> Thanks!

nonononono.
Don't panic!
The reference to 7.3.1 is due to the fact that that's the target
release for a few SC enhancement requests that will make life easier
for the penguin, e.g. allowing to use the lists as sorted by the
server.

I can not, however guarantee that any change in SC API will immediately
work on iPeng. Logi has a habit of sometimes changing to incompatible
APIs, the Alarm on the iPeng plugin, for example does not wor with 7.2
and beyond.
I will try to keep up but
a) some changes are repeating (the 7.3 Radio change was updated several
times; yet it would have been a non-critical one, just looking ugly)
b) i can't do nightly builds, any change on the App Store requires
about a week so I will focus on stable APIs

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com