mortslim;382491 Wrote:
> The Linksys webpage cited above seems to indicate the audio from the
> iPod is distributed:
>
> "Share your favorite tunes and playlists, advance tracks, adjust volume
> on each Wireless Home Audio device in your home."
>
> However whether the Linksys system does or doesn't, I am suggesting
> that wireless distribution of an iPod is a good idea for Logitech.  The
> idea I propose is to make an iPod based server for access by any
> Squeezebox on the local network so that when the Squeezebox is directed
> to connect to SqueezeCenter, that the connection is made to an iPod
> based music server which has SqueezeCenter embeded.
I think it would be a good idea, too.  I'd also like the ability to
digitize and distribute analog audio input from either an FM tuner or
CD player.  Which doesn't mean much, because Slim/Logitech is never
going to do this.  They're very much locked into (or painted themselves
into a corner, depending on your viewpoint) the 'scan file metadata into
a library database, then play the file based on the metadata' model and
it would be extremely labor intensive to get out of it.  They'll be
streaming Netflix video and WMV files to your plasma TV before that
happens.

--
JJZolx

Jim