I do something similar on my Boom in our study/kitchen area.  It plays a
playlist consisting of LBC news.  Just before I leave, I press FWD to switch to
local travel news.  Sometimes I then go back to the news channel and sit around
for half hour answering more forum posts before departing for a slow journey to
work ;)

In the bedroom, I have configured my alarm to play a random track that is rated
4* or 5* in various genres that are generally loud music (so not classical,
easy listening, etc), just before 7am, using a Dynamic Playlist configured to
play SpiceCube.  Then at 7am, it will play unrated tracks or tracks rated 4* or
5*, using SpiceCube.  So I get a familiar loud song to wake me up, then I get
songs I haven't yet rated that are similar to the preceeding song, occasionally
playing my favourite songs.  This works really well - I generally listen to a
few songs and rate them, so there is a bigger pool to select from as the
opening song the next morning.

Phil