One problem why dynamic IP Addresses can possibly be difficult using the
SqueezeBox products is that SqueezeBox doesn't use DNS!  I have 2 PC's.
Both have different computer names.  I refer to them using the names not
the IP Addresses.  My firewall uses the name of my 2nd PC NOT its IP
address.  The squeezeBox uses the IP Address since it dowsn't appear to
have a DNS entry!  There is a player name in SqueezeCenter but this is
only in SqueezeCenter and not the DNS!  Considering people have
connectivity issues with Duets/Controllers this seems to be a major
design oversight.

No wonder people are using static IP's - they have no choice!

--
Declan Moriarty