water Wrote:

> - google suggest-ish search feature. I'd like to be able to use the
> remote to start writing and then use the arrow key to browse through
> all the artist, albums, etc. that match the combination of letters I've
> enterd

I'm not sure how this differs from the search function that's already
there. Enter a few characters, press right, scroll through results. The
only difference with google suggest is that it displays results as you
type, but then it has the advantage of multiple lines of display. If
you can suggest how this feature would actually work given a single
line display, then by all means do so.

> - an interface to add music cd/dvd-s so that can turn up in searches
> and bug me to get around to ripping them and also give slim that
> complete music-database & gateway to my music feeling...

In my experience the most time consuming part of ripping a CD is
getting the track names etc from freedb and correcting them. If I'm
going to go to that trouble, I may as well wait a couple of minutes
while it rips it.

> - record radio streams to the harddrive

Given the legal implications of doing that in some places I'd imagine
Slim wouldn't want to get involved with that. There are plenty of tools
which will do it for you.

> - integrate with last.fm (or simelar) to suggest alternative music
> based upon the music currently being played

There's already a last.fm plugin, give it a go!

--
radish