dsdreamer;440735 Wrote:
> More generally, your hack provides a method of slaving Squeezecenter to
> another media player, with ogg/flac as the lossless stream format
> between the two systems.

I'm fine with controlling Squeezecenter by a SBC but just for the sake
of the fun I installed icecast and the edcast plugin for foobar. It
works well for OggFlac streams *happy*.

Basically this set up does for me what the wave input plugin already
does but there would be one advantage over the wave plugin: If edcast
for foobar would bypass my cheap built in soundcard and catch PCM
information directly from foobar. The standalone version of edcast
simply captures whatever is playing on the soundcard, so does the wave
input plugin. What about edcast for foobar? I can see a promising dialog
saying "Recording from DSP"...

--
Quad

CD => EAC => FLAC => SC 7.3.3 => SB Duet => DacMagic => Quad77 pre amp
=> Quad707 power amp => Quad 21L speakers