remcopoelstra;441171 Wrote:
> yeah I hope someone can suggest.
> I ripped the Liszt CD myself using Max, which is quite a dumb program.
> It definitely isn't capable of writing ID3 tags. The only tags I added
> are title, artist, album and year.
> Is there some way to look into the internals of the server? Maybe it's
> possible to see how that artist/album structure is constructed?
As for 'the internals of the server', SC is written in Perl, so all the
source code is already there on your computer for you to explore at your
leisure. If you are fluent in Perl. But I'll bet anything that the
problem is your tags and not the SC internals.

What format are files: MP3, FLAC, AAC, ALAC, something else? That will
determine what type of tags they should have. I am fairly certain that
Max can write ID3 tags, but that's not what you want if the files are
FLAC.

If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend that you study the
Beginner's Guide in the wiki, especially the tagging guide:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/BeginnersGuideToTagging

--
aubuti