dsdreamer;442266 Wrote:
> SqueezePlay uses SqueezeSlave underneath to manage playback, and I don't
> see a way to make it play high sample rate files with bit transparency.
> If you try to play a 24/96 FLAC file back with SqueezeSlave pretending
> to be a Transporter you may find it plays at 44.1/96 of real speed and
> pitch. The quality will be great, though :-).
>
> In general, people have to fight quite hard with the PC OS to avoid
> unintended resampling of audio (kernel streaming, ASIO, WASAPI and other
> various incantations). I don't believe any of the 'soft' players have
> been optimized to allow these type of esoteric audiophile tricks.

Squeezeplay does not use squeezeslave underneath, it has been rewritten
in lua and is quite different.  Over my time of looking at the
squeezeplay code I see Richard used things he learned from creating
squeezeslave to improve the player in squeezeplay.

I just completed the framework to build a win32 version of squeezeslave
using the ASIO SDK from Steinberg using the latest portaudio snapshot
which supports ASIO.

Ralphy.

--
ralphy