Thanks for the responses.

ST2000, I already own an A-110 and am well aware of it's lack of
capability in this matter. that thread is in reference to the A series,
a totally different kettle of fish to the C-200, the model I posted a
link to. It seems to be powerful enough to do the job, and may have the
ability to do it.

You wouldn't need a battery of external drives to do the job, you can
install 2 2.5'' drives and 1 3.5'' drive, but I do also have a 3TB soon
to be 4.5TB DAS which the C-200 would have access to.

Just think, rather than buying a £300+ NAS, you could buy a £240 media
and blu ray player, and you could have the best of all worlds...

--
Gibbo