I've been suffering rebuffering for a while now, after a couple of years
of stable performance, and I'm fed up so I'm trying to take action.

I've ordered some more ethernet over power (Netgears HDX101) which
successfully stream video to PS3 (which had been unstable over wi-fi),
but until they arrive I'm stuck.

I can't run Netstumbler to review my wi-fi as both my p.c. and server
(HP MediaSmart) are hard-wired with no wifi capability.

Looking at network test on my furthest player and signal strength is
good (avergae 76 minimum 62) but buffer fullness drops at start of
tracks.

My suspicion (with no real data) is that 4 players streaming
synchronised FLAC is using too much of the avaiable wifi bandwidth and
that when coupled with some other uncapturable event (neighbours
microwave ??) causes the rebuffering. I rule out server speed as the
server does nothing but SqueezeCenter and MusicIP. I guess 7.3.3 is
either not as robust at handling this (the rebuffering error message
didn't use to exist) or has increased traffic to handle the improved
sync and exacrebated a problem.

Other than voting for the bug and implementing a ethernet over power,
is there anything else I should be trying?

Ethernet over power may fix this for me, but may not, and even if it
does the root cause is then left unaddressed and may cause problems for
others.

--
DigitalMitch