toby10;451382 Wrote:
> Yeah, I hear ya.  Many have asked for a configurable Network Setup &
> Edit UI for all players within SC.  I would love it solely for WPA2
> encryption key entry (cut & paste).  I've passed up a number of
> opportunities to bring my Boom to various functions (people ask for it)
> but I decline if the host has WiFi encryption and does not want to
> disable it (or know how) cuz I do not want to re-enter my 63 character
> WPA2 encryption when I get back home.  NOT FUN!  :)
>
> Being a networked device I'm surprised this is not offered.  I assume
> it is related to various different WiFi chipsets in the players?  WiFi
> chipsets not capable of such UI configuring?  Dunno.

Actually i think the new players, have a potential for this like the
controller they will most likely have editable config files you can
reach with SSH, edit reboot and your done. Or as they are files on a
linux system somebody will come up with an plugin eventually.

To be honest this is only a problem while your system is in flux
setting it up or changing things. When set the SBR do work just fine,
lets not blow things out of proportion. But the SB2/3 boom setup is very
well thought out it easy to do, kudos to the guys figuring that one out.
Maybe we are spoiled with that way of doing things.

--
Mnyb