Goodsounds;458121 Wrote:
> I generally agree with your comments here but not this one. I'd bet the
> decision driver here for the company is maximum interoperability, not
> component cost. The cost is not that significant, and what is at issue
> is a strategic market decision. So long as G routers/APs continue to be
> sold and have a greater than trivial presence in homes (and if N routers
> continue to be G+N), it would be a mistake to make a product that
> doesn't work with G. Maybe dual standard cards might be used at a future
> date?
>
> There are many Wifi component suppliers, high-ish part prices don't
> last long in such markets.
Both N class client devices and N class infrastructure devices are are
backwards compatible with other G equipment.

--
funkstar

my collection:
*1*x squeezebox radio
*1*x squeezebox touch
*1*x squeezebox boom
*2*x controller, *1*x receiver
*2*x sb3 (sliver/black), *1*x sb2 wired (silver)
*1*x sb (black), *1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

interested in any others if you have them!