Okay - everything looks great. Of course, what I have said before holds
(and I'm sure it's all on your list, so I won't reiterate) but here are
my notes on .996:

Installation (other than the uninstallation first glitch) was fine -
didn't have to re-register.

All functionality you mentioned is present and accounted for. Volume
control (with 100% there all the time (and not just when you use it) is
great!

Not sure if I mentioned before a couple of things:

Would be great if (perhaps at the top of the screen?) you could easily
jump between Now Playing, Playlist and the Library. It is a little
annoying having to constantly revert to the main screen and re-select.

Tips or captions on some of the buttons might help. Not sure though. I
got a little confused when trying to change players, but now I know it's
all good. Not sure if they would get in the way and spoil the interface
or not. Just to let you know and maybe think about it.

Regards,

--
amey01