pippin;470931 Wrote:
> Could it be that you had a different Master set in between the
> experiments?
> In iPeng, you see which device is the master from the order: the master
> is the one at the top.

Now when I look at my device screen on iPeng, I see Master Bedroom on
top, then Living Room and finally Kitchen on the bottom of the list.

I do not recall the order when I first used 1.2 but it was probably the
same as now. I do remember that first I took Master Bedroom off sync
using iPeng and then was surprised that I did not have the option to put
it back in sync with combined 'Living Room, Kitchen'. Instead I just
tapped Kitchen and all 3 devices were then in sync. These were my only
sync changes using iPeng. This is when my problem of losing the sound of
my Master Bedroom SqueezeBox Classic (after turning off Kitchen
SqueezeBox Classic) first appeared.

I think that just choosing only 'Kitchen' in  order to sync everything
again eventually caused the sound problem. The strangeness of not being
offered the combination of my other two units made me decide to solve my
problem by using Local 9000 on my computer instead of iPeng.

I am aware of several weird problems which depend on the sequence of
turning on and off synced devices on 7.3.X.  This is probably one more
bug that shows in 7.4.

Again, this was just to bring this problem to your attention and
perhaps it would help another user in case he unexpectedly loses the
sound on a device.

I know you are working on a manual (hurry, hurry) which would make
things easier. For instance, what is the function of the large up/down
arrow buttons which show on each device on the device list? I tap them,
I tap and hold, but nothing happens. They appear on those devices that
have set volume. My only device that has adjustable volume is the Master
Bedroom and a volume control appears on that device instead of the
up/down large arrows.

Thanks again

Regards

--