pippin;471309 Wrote:
> What I didn't understand were your comments on how you did sync with
> iPeng.Please read my comment again.

OK...background:

Snow Leopard 10.6.1, iPod Touch 3.1.1, iPeng 1.2, SqueezeCenter 7.4

4 Slim Devices - 1 Transporter and 3 SqueezeBox Classics. 3 of these
are always in sync and have been for the past 6 months: Master Bedroom
SqueezeBox, Living Room Transporter, Kitchen SqueezeBox. These three
devices were put in sync by using Local 9000 on my iMac. All three
devices were 'on'.

On iPeng, I went to device list and pushed the edit button top right
corner. I then selected 'Master Bedroom', a red circle with checkmark
appeared, and then I pushed the 'un-sync' button on the bottom of the
screen.

(what follows is by memory as I do not wish to cause the sound problem
again) Master Bedroom was no longer synced. Living Room and Kitchen were
still in sync.

I then selected Master Bedroom and then selected Kitchen. I then pushed
the 'sync' button on the bottom of the screen and now all three devices
were again in sync.

Later I turned the Kitchen SqueezeBox off using my Squeeze remote in
the kitchen. That caused the sound in the Master bedroom to go off in
about 5 minutes but the Master Bedroom was still showing the song that
was playing.

I then turned the Master Bedroom off using the Squeeze remote. I pushed
the Play button on the Squeeze remote and I had sound again. I did the
experiment of turning off the Kitchen 3 times and 3 times I lost the
sound in theMaster Bedroom.

I went to Local 9000 and un-synced everything and then synced the
Master Bedroom to the Living Room. Then I synced the Kitchen to the
combination 'Master Bedroom, Living Room'. Now when I turn off Kitchen,
I do not lose the sound of the Master bedroom.

I think the problem is caused by NOT giving me the option to sync my
Master Bedroom with the combination 'Living Room, Kitchen' which are
already in sync - I have to choose EITHER the Living Room OR the Kitchen
because that is what your program offers. This probably interacts badly
with the SqueezeCenter software.

As I stated before, this is just to let you know of the problem or to
give a heads-up to any user with multiple synced devices who
mysteriously loses sound. As I leave these three devices always synced,
I can always use my computer to change this.

I hope this makes sense as I cannot write anymore!

Regards

--
sflen