Does Vortexbox utilize AccurateRip, or is it cross-your-fingers
on-the-fly ripping?

>From personal experience I can concur with Pat's recommendations on the
OS.  I have no friends (at least, not any with non-Windows OS knowledge)
and I was able to get Ubuntu up and running with minimal effort.  I've
got it on an old Pentium-D with 512MB of RAM, no issues.  Although I'd
love to upgrade that box to something quieter and more power efficient
like the Atom.  Maybe I need to run the ROI on the power savings to
justify the up-front expense, wonder if the wife would go for that...

--
ajkidle