I had downloaded a sample of Mozart's Violin Concerto No. 4 in D Major
KV 218 Allegro in the 24BIT/96kHz FLAC format a few months ago and had
totally forgotten about how good it sounded.  For reference, the site
where I downloaded is: www.2l.no/hires/index.htm

That site's server isn't up at the moment, here's the cache version:
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Wky_snLrI1MJ:www.2l.no/hires/index.html+mozart's+Violin+Concerto+No.+4+in+D+Major+KV+218+Allegro+24/96&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I replayed it a few minutes ago on the latest firmware and here's what
it says under "more info":

Bitrate: 2593kbps VRB (Converted to 705.6kbps ABR).

So, does this mean that the SB3 actually supports 24BIT/96kHz format to
a degree, but has to compress the bitrate?  Just asking since I'm not
sure how the Touch will compare in overall sound quality vs a digitally
modded SB3 with an upgraded power supply.

--
zzvelik